Baby in Mind provides training for students who wish to undertake a nationally recognised qualification in infant massage education.
This is the only training organisation in Australia where you can undertake a nationally (government) recognised, vocational course in infant massage education.
Benefits of Nationally Recognised training:
- Your qualification meets the national competency standards in Delivering Cue-Based Infant Massage and Parent-Infant Relationship Education to Families.
- Your training will meet the needs of employers and community expectations because nationally recognised training is developed in consultation with industry, including early childhood and perinatal health services, community organisations, clinical experts and specialists, and large and small businesses in metro, rural and regional areas.
- Your training course provides you with the same standard of skills, knowledge and competencies regardless of your individual trainer, or where you do your training.
- On successful completion of your course, you receive a nationally recognised certificate and competency statement, issued in accordance with the national qualifications framework, which is more widely recognised and regarded in the workplace and community, and more easily integrated with other qualifications.
- The skills and knowledge you you gain through this course is transferable— your course is recognised in all states and territories of Australia.
- You may be eligible for supplementary financial assistance from Centrelink to undertake this course.
- The training provider (that’s us!) has to comply with strict standards regarding our practices in fees, assessment/ marking, handling student complaints and many other areas that can impact on your experience. Our compliance with these standards are regularly reviewed and audited by an external government assessor.
- You have an external organisation (the Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority) to talk to and who can help you, if we cannot resolve a complaint for you.
National accreditation is the system used by the Australian government to ensure people who undertake training courses graduate with the essential skills and knowledge needed to perform their jobs safely and effectively.
Deliver Cue-Based Infant Massage and Parent-Infant Relationship Education to Families is the name of the nationally accredited, industry endorsed competency standard for people teaching infant massage.
To become accredited, a course is first reviewed by industry experts to ensure it meets the current research and community needs. A course is then reviewed by the Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) to also ensure it meets government standards and requirements for vocational education and training.
Course name: Short Course in Cue-Based Infant Massage and Parent-Infant Relationship Education
Australian Qualification Code: 10282NAT
Relevant Competency Unit(s): CIMDCI001 Deliver Cue-Based Infant Massage and Parent-Infant Relationship Education to Families.
ANZSCO professional category: Health Promotion Officer (code: 251911).
We are able to offer you a course with an organisation well-established in the community, with a high standard of ethics. Baby in Mind is a nationally registered Health Promotion Charity. To meet our Registered Training Organisation (RTO) requirements we partner with Relationships Australia SA (registration number 102358).